My clan

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Elevation


This certainly doesn't happen every day! Today while Justin was at work an airplane crashed a block away from our restaurant! The plane was an amphibious 1946 Republic Seabee that took off from the airport about 10 A.M. and suffered power failure seconds into take-off. From there it went through the power lines right behind the restaurant and crashed! Took out power for more than half the city for most of the day. Justin got a day off!!

The two men in the aircraft survived the accident and and were rushed to the hospital, and power was restored at about five-o-clock. Just in time for me to make it to work. Lucky me.

5 comments:

tink said...

What an amazing experience! Reminds me of when we had a semi crash in front of us when we were driving downtown...driver okay...our lane wasn't blocked - bonus...what a memory. Sorry you had to work though. =(

Machelle Kay said...

It's sad that Bob's email made it to us faster than the Boise news. But nice to know they were fine.

Stizz said...

I can't believe this! How crazy! I'm glad it didn't land in the resturant. :) And people say nothing exciting happens in Burley. ;)

jkubalek said...

Zoinks Scoob! Glad the pilots survived. I don't show these sort of stories to my wife as it has always been a dream of mine to fly, and this would definitely lessen my chances.:)

Stuart said...

An my first thought was -
How terrible to lose such an old classic plane !